Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
April Fool’s Day has always been a favorite day for corporate biggies to showcase their lighter and yet innovative side. 2017, too, is not an exception. Here is a list of a few funny and innovative pranks that we came across:
- Remonitization news by India.com – this fake news by the Indian news website went somewhat viral. It stated that Mr Modi has declared an uplift of the ban on Rs 500, 1000 notes and people can now claim their old 500 and 1000 notes back by showing a copy of their Aadhar Card and cash deposit slip. http://www.india.com/buzz/pm-modi-strikes-again-with-remonetisation-old-rs-500-and-1000-notes-are-now-legal-currency-as-90-black-money-recovered-by-demonetisation-1981839/
- Burger King, the multinational burger giant, announced that their latest “Whopper” is a tube of toothpaste 😛
- Coca Cola Helium – apparently a new product by the company which adds Helium to their product to add extra fun. Hilarious!
- Pepperfry edible furniture – a king-size bed and cupboard made of edible chocolates. We could only wish it were true!
- Amazon Echo for pets – why should humans have all the fun? Amazon comes up with this innovative prank claiming to have upgraded its version of Echo for pets and named it as Petlexa.
- Duolingo – this mildly satirical prank from the language teaching platform takes a jab at teenagers and tried teaching emoji to parents and grandparents. Learn at http://emoji.duolingo.com/#?
- Google Gnome and Pacman – Google have always had a thing for April Fool’s day pranks and this year was no exception. They came up with a bunch of pranks like good old Pacman on their maps and the Gnome video which went viral.
- Pizza Hut spa – offering therapeutic dough kneading, pizza oven saunas and pepperoni face masks. “Make It Great”?
- Subway ice cream in UK and Ireland – ice cream flavors like Tuna, Meatball Marinara and Chicken Tikka are only available in UK and Ireland, wanna taste anyone?
- Olawheels – a futuristic prank we must say. The company claims to offer Segway service for short commute within huge office complex equipped with voice-based AI and infotainment. Ola literally took everyone for a ride with the extremely well-made video and dedicated website for this one.
Know of any other 2017 April Fool’s day prank? Comment or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bhangarh beyond its Ghosts - October 28, 2018
- Quiz:Identify the cityscapes - September 23, 2018
- Things to remember while traveling to Japan - August 18, 2018
- Dreaming of Croatia Travel - July 15, 2018
- World Cup 2018: A tournament of ‘own goals’ - July 7, 2018
- 7 Offbeat Monsoon Destinations of India that will take your Breath Away - June 17, 2018
- Women achievers: Did you know? - March 7, 2018
- The Layman’s Finance Diary: Mutual Fund for Beginners - February 25, 2018
- A Trek for the Soul: From Kasol to Kalga village - January 30, 2018
- It’s Makar Sankranti and Sweets are in the air! - January 12, 2018