In our land of eternal summer and scorching sun, Fall is a concept we have viewed only in Bollywood. However witnessed up close here in the northern hemisphere, it is indeed one of the most breathtaking miracles of nature. With the change of a calendar month, the mundane trees here and there burst into bright colors and create a beauty that one can never get enough of. Here’s an ode to the rise of Fall.
Fall also brings in that chill in the winds and is the introduction to a rather harsh dark and gray winter. But for the while it lasts, it is surely one to cherish.
Not only is Fall significant for its beauty and
Read the poem by our guest author , Kasturi Ghosh:
Maple leaves as bookmarks,
Super content me.
Orange, gold, brown,
Hues of nature abound,
Painted in a canvas resplendent,
Will bring a smile to the most despondent.
The cycle of life in all
By the paintbrush of the Gods,
In master strokes, lies our universe awash.
May the ripening of seasons,
Make us humble and kind.
Life’s journey is precious my friend,
May the falling leaves serve to remind.
- 8 things you can do if you are in India during Sankranti - January 16, 2019
- One night with Friends, Mothers and the Calcutta Bungalow - December 29, 2018
- Reduce Your Global Carbon Footprint -The Indian Middleclass Way! - December 11, 2018
- The Rise of Fall! - October 26, 2018
- If you complain that #metoo is scary, read this - October 20, 2018
- Miguel Street – Experience the world in one street - October 2, 2018
- Dr Mandakranta Bose: On Sanskrit, her journey, and organizing the 17th World Sanskrit Conference - September 19, 2018
- Whatever happened to the Romance novels? - September 6, 2018
- 3 Incidents that portrayed the Spirit of Kolkata to me - August 10, 2018
- The 4 Mistakes that got us Lost in the New York Subway - August 8, 2018