Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/content/n3pewpnaspod01_data05/05/3537205/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
If India is a place for various gastronomical adventures, the most adventurous part lies in the streets. Be it Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, or Hyderabad, the restaurants and the streets often tell different stories altogether. I recently visited Lucknow and fell head over heels in love with the old world charm. The crowded alleys of Bhulbhulaiya were fascinating. The architectural wonders of the historic city amazed me. However, even if you are not a history buff, Lucknow still has a very interesting side you can explore. The flavourful and delectable Lucknow street food. (Read about: The Street Food of Kolkata) Be it kababs or Biriyani or the roadside chaat, the city has it all. Here’s a list of food items you must try while visiting the city:
- Tunday kabab – this Lucknow Street food is the topper in our charts and is a must try dish for all non-vegetarians. Although it is widely found all over the city at different outlets, I would like to recommend Aminabad’s Tunday Kababi for the original version of this kabab. It simply melts in your mouth and you keep craving for more. These kababs are usually accompanied by rumali roti (healthier option) or parantha (tastier option).
- Biriyani – Lucknow is one the key gharanas (cultural hubs) of Classical Indian Music, and India’s food obsession – the Biriyani. The Lucknowi Biriyani is moderately flavored, brilliantly aromatic. The meat pieces are well cooked and there are usually options for half and full plate for people having differing appetites. However, the Calcuttan in me fails to marvel at this Biryani and still seeks the potato and boiled egg within. There is serious fan-following of the Lucknow Biriyani across the globe though.
- Sheermal – you may or may not like this sweet bread, but it is a Lucknowi delicacy for sure. Found everywhere in the city, this tandoor-baked roti is a nice accompaniment for spicy side dishes. (Also Read: Food trail in Bhubaneswar under ₹200
- Chaats – best found in roadside stalls, Lucknow chaats comes in more varieties you can ever think of. Papri chaat, aloo chaat, basket chaat, dahi chaat; name it and you have it. Not too inviting for the hygiene conscious though!
- Makhan Malai – a foamy, creamy dessert found in the winter season exclusively. It is usually served with nuts and pistachio toppings along with a few strings of saffron. A must try dish for the ones having a sweet tooth.(Also read:10 Delicious Goan Food that will Delight your Taste Buds)
Want to add to our list? Comment or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bhangarh beyond its Ghosts - October 28, 2018
- Quiz:Identify the cityscapes - September 23, 2018
- Things to remember while traveling to Japan - August 18, 2018
- Dreaming of Croatia Travel - July 15, 2018
- World Cup 2018: A tournament of ‘own goals’ - July 7, 2018
- 7 Offbeat Monsoon Destinations of India that will take your Breath Away - June 17, 2018
- Women achievers: Did you know? - March 7, 2018
- The Layman’s Finance Diary: Mutual Fund for Beginners - February 25, 2018
- A Trek for the Soul: From Kasol to Kalga village - January 30, 2018
- It’s Makar Sankranti and Sweets are in the air! - January 12, 2018