Sameeksha Naveen seems like your average college fresher when you first meet her. She is refreshing, full of ideas and trying to fit in to the routine of desk life after college. As you get to know her though, you realize that she is not taking the dreaded route of campus to corporate lying down. Sameeksha has brought her passion for dance right into the drudgery of cubicle work. Sameeksha is one of the wonderful dancers behind the fun and inspiring YouTube channel, IT Nan Makklu
It All Started with Rhythm Cells
Sameeksha spent many a years honing her passion for dance at school. She performed in school events, and eventually began choreographing pieces for the school dance group. Manju and Sameeksha joined the Dayanand Sagar Institutions for Engineering, where they continued their tryst with choreography.
“But once we were done with our bachelor’s we could not find a platform to perform or choreograph for anyone. That’s when I and Manju started Rhythm Cells“
The duo started choreographing school and college annual events. Next, they set up dance classes for little kids.
“Before we knew it, it had two branches! Soon after, Dhruva, Manjunath’s friend, asked us if we did corporate choreography”
That set the team off on something special – their adventure of bringing rhythm to IT companies
IT Nan Makklu
The trio started teaching dance to IT professionals. They started conducting regular dance classes, do choreography for events and competitions, train through dance workshops and design costumes as required. The team offers classes on various dance forms like Salsa, Indian Contemporary, Western contemporary, Hip hop and Bollywood.
Till date, the team has trained 5 corporate clients, 15 plus schools, 10 plus colleges, 1000 plus individuals and have been judging dance events.
But, they knew they could do more. Their mission was to reach out to many others just like them, who were born to dance, but needed just the right encouragement.
So, they started the youtube channel, IT Nan Makklu, a few months back.
Moving Ahead with IT Nan Makklu
The team is now five member strong who choreograph, perform, make videos, do the editing and showcase the same in digital media mainly through YouTube and Facebook. The short term goal is to create a large network of followers, and inspire more people to keep their passion alive. In the long run, they want to become leaders int he area of Corporate choreography.
Blank Slate Chronicles wishes Sameeksha and the team all the very best in their endeavors.
- PVR Playhouse Review: A Breakthrough Cinema Experience for Parents! - January 19, 2018
- A Trip to the Mishmi Hills: A Haven of Beauty, Flora and Fauna! - January 16, 2018
- Of Fire and Mettle: An Interview with Nandita Das - January 8, 2018
- Welcome 2018: This year, let’s push Feminism to a new high! - January 1, 2018
- Bucket List 2018: Neelakurinji blooms in Munnar after 12 years - December 21, 2017
- India’s uphill battle against Kindergarten Sexual Abuse - December 3, 2017
- The Indian Regional Language Crisis of the Next Gen - November 27, 2017
- Sugar Kills: How India gifted the World the other (Nutritional) Zero - November 21, 2017
- Marketplaces of the World: Looking for Hogg Market, aka New Market Kolkata - November 19, 2017
- Tokhu Emong, Chalo Loku, and other interesting festivals in India - November 19, 2017