Sameeksha Naveen seems like your average college fresher when you first meet her. She is refreshing, full of ideas and trying to fit in to the routine of desk life after college. As you get to know her though, you realize that she is not taking the dreaded route of campus to corporate lying down. Sameeksha has brought her passion for dance right into the drudgery of cubicle work. Sameeksha is one of the wonderful dancers behind the fun and inspiring YouTube channel, IT Nan Makklu
It All Started with Rhythm Cells
Sameeksha spent many a years honing her passion for dance at school. She performed in school events, and eventually began choreographing pieces for the school dance group. Manju and Sameeksha joined the Dayanand Sagar Institutions for Engineering, where they continued their tryst with choreography.
“But once we were done with our bachelor’s we could not find a platform to perform or choreograph for anyone. That’s when I and Manju started Rhythm Cells“
The duo started choreographing school and college annual events. Next, they set up dance classes for little kids.
“Before we knew it, it had two branches! Soon after, Dhruva, Manjunath’s friend, asked us if we did corporate choreography”
That set the team off on something special – their adventure of bringing rhythm to IT companies
IT Nan Makklu
The trio started teaching dance to IT professionals. They started conducting regular dance classes, do choreography for events and competitions, train through dance workshops and design costumes as required. The team offers classes on various dance forms like Salsa, Indian Contemporary, Western contemporary, Hip hop and Bollywood.
Till date, the team has trained 5 corporate clients, 15 plus schools, 10 plus colleges, 1000 plus individuals and have been judging dance events.
But, they knew they could do more. Their mission was to reach out to many others just like them, who were born to dance, but needed just the right encouragement.
So, they started the youtube channel, IT Nan Makklu, a few months back.
Moving Ahead with IT Nan Makklu
The team is now five member strong who choreograph, perform, make videos, do the editing and showcase the same in digital media mainly through YouTube and Facebook. The short term goal is to create a large network of followers, and inspire more people to keep their passion alive. In the long run, they want to become leaders int he area of Corporate choreography.
Blank Slate Chronicles wishes Sameeksha and the team all the very best in their endeavors.
- Is India’s ‘Unfair’ Obsession Actually Internalized Racism? - July 5, 2017
- 5 Options for your Bangalore Feast under 200 bucks - June 29, 2017
- Is Airbnb a threat to the Locals: Barcelona’s story - June 26, 2017
- Have you heard of Minimalism? It can change your life! - June 25, 2017
- 4 Stages of Saree troubles that you go through, every time - June 23, 2017
- Is a ridiculous Pre-School Curriculum harming our Children? - June 20, 2017
- This Father’s Day, we list the most Adorable Celebrity Dads! - June 18, 2017
- All you need to know about Gal Gadot, a Wonder Woman IRL too! - June 6, 2017
- World Environment Day: 5 Simple Ways you can Connect to Nature, everyday - June 4, 2017
- By 2020 India will have 140 million senior citizens. Are we ready? - June 1, 2017