This is a regular feature article, where Whiny Bear pens down her journey towards her perfect body. If you want to read the previous article, click here
When one person walks up to you and tells you “Hey you have lost some weight!” , you smile feel happy and then feel, “Maybe she was just doing small talk”.
When another person comes up and says” Oh you look slim!”, You are still not sure; maybe it’s the black saree or the viral fever you had last week.But if the compliments continue, you feel over the moon and think, “Yaaaay! I can have a glass of coke along with a burger, and pastry for dessert!”. Don’t worry; I talked myself out of it, I swear! But in my case, thoughts count as much as calories.
It has been quite some time, (it feels like a lifetime to me, though), that I have been eating consciously. I have been avoiding carbohydrates and sugars, eating controlled portions, counting calories occasionally.
And according to people whom I met after some time, I am looking toned down. But exercising is a different level of dedication. I have been active. Walking to nearby superstores, doing a lot of window shopping and store-hopping before picking up a dress, and what not! However, I have not been able to maintain a dedicated exercise routine.
Here are the things I tried ( and failed). I tried, okay!
As always, I did my research on the Internet. Following are few of my search phrases:
Running for beginners
How to lose weight by running for five minutes a day
Does running actually help?
Is running harmful to your health?
And finally, I gave up on that.
There are millions of home exercise videos by women, who clearly do not need any exercise! I mean that lean body and defined muscles, could not have possibly been generated by exercising at home! Home exercise videos should be done by women like me, with rounded edges, and bulging bellies. I am sure it will be more relatable to a larger population of this planet.
Swimming is fun! Research told me swimming utilizes most muscles in your body, thus creating a wholesome workout. The swimming pool is also an area where you see many real life, round bodied, happy women with their babies waddling around them. You also see a few, athletic, picture perfect, bikini bodied women. I find that dunking myself invisible makes me swim beyond the judgmental comparisons. Currently, swimming is my thing. I try swimming one extra lap every day. And dream of achieving that weight, where I can float more easily. But then, have you seen a whale? Speaking of the whale, I read a random article on why I would rather be a whale than a mermaid! You can read it too if you want. Well as for me I want a happy life, celebrate life by eating things I love, while still desiring staying fit and healthy. Hmm, seems a lot to ask? Not really. If I can’t have it all, I would rather have a piece of cake! 🙂
This was my weight loss saga till now. Keep me posted about your efforts, thoughts, and plans!Leave a comment, or write to us at email@example.com
- A Conference on Bengali Migration in Canada - May 17, 2018
- These Indian National Parks are also UNESCO World Heritage Sites - May 16, 2018
- 5 Pocket-friendly Summer Vacation Activities for a Better Planet - May 1, 2018
- Virupaksha Temple of Hampi: A mathematical and architectural wonder - April 27, 2018
- Meet Tathagata Ghosh, Director of “The Goldfish who swam out of the Fishbowl” - April 19, 2018
- Whiny Bear’s take on getting older and other things - April 15, 2018
- From mountains to forests: Best spring destinations in India - April 4, 2018
- Bechdel Test in 2017: Why movies still fail the test? - March 25, 2018
- Hey Millenial, do you feel the Multitasking Stress? 5 proven ways to bust it! - March 21, 2018
- Ugadi Pachidi: Story of the cocktail called life! - March 15, 2018