You have read about the Batti Project. You have seen the fundraising cycling challenge to be held in Mishmi Hills in January.You are now convinced. You click the donate button, and you pay whatever amount you are comfortable with. You close the window.
Here, I donated money, but that is not going to change the world. click here It does.
follow link IT changes the world of that home which now received the gift of light. Even if your contribution helped raise funds for lighting up one home, you have made a difference.
You have enabled the kids in that home to open books and read bedtime stories.
You have allowed the mother to cook fresh dinner and see the food properly while eating.
You have enabled a cozy well-lit home a dark rainy evening when the family could be in the dark.. unable to gather wood.
You have helped save trees, which are otherwise burned to get light.
You have made a world of difference.
And if you have not, it is time for you to decide, whether you want to change the world.
see The Batti Project is fundraising with the help of ride to Light, a cycling expedition of 10 days. Here is a video to inspire you. Give someone the gift of light. Change the world, one build at a time!
Want to Make a Difference?
- Miguel Street – Experience the world in one street - October 2, 2018
- Dr Mandakranta Bose: On Sanskrit, her journey, and organizing the 17th World Sanskrit Conference - September 19, 2018
- Whatever happened to the Romance novels? - September 6, 2018
- 3 Incidents that portrayed the Spirit of Kolkata to me - August 10, 2018
- The 4 Mistakes that got us Lost in the New York Subway - August 8, 2018
- Somlata’s Kaa Karoon Sajni: As Angry as Lovelorn - August 5, 2018
- Tathagata Ghosh’s Doitto: Exposing the Demons - June 27, 2018
- The Past, Present, and Future of Storytelling in Education - June 22, 2018
- Reliving the pains of the Displaced in Ellis Island Immigration Museum - June 21, 2018
- 5 Easy Healthy Snacks that your Kids will love! - June 20, 2018