You have read about the Batti Project. You have seen the fundraising cycling challenge to be held in Mishmi Hills in January.You are now convinced. You click the donate button, and you pay whatever amount you are comfortable with. You close the window.
You may now think, what next.
Here, I donated money, but that is not going to change the world. It does.
IT changes the world of that home which now received the gift of light. Even if your contribution helped raise funds for lighting up one home, you have made a difference.
You have enabled the kids in that home to open books and read bedtime stories.
You have allowed the mother to cook fresh dinner and see the food properly while eating.
You have enabled a cozy well-lit home a dark rainy evening when the family could be in the dark.. unable to gather wood.
You have helped save trees, which are otherwise burned to get light.
You have made a world of difference.
And if you have not, it is time for you to decide, whether you want to change the world.
The Batti Project is fundraising with the help of ride to Light, a cycling expedition of 10 days. Here is a video to inspire you. Give someone the gift of light. Change the world, one build at a time!
Want to Make a Difference?
- A Conference on Bengali Migration in Canada - May 17, 2018
- These Indian National Parks are also UNESCO World Heritage Sites - May 16, 2018
- 5 Pocket-friendly Summer Vacation Activities for a Better Planet - May 1, 2018
- Virupaksha Temple of Hampi: A mathematical and architectural wonder - April 27, 2018
- Meet Tathagata Ghosh, Director of “The Goldfish who swam out of the Fishbowl” - April 19, 2018
- Whiny Bear’s take on getting older and other things - April 15, 2018
- From mountains to forests: Best spring destinations in India - April 4, 2018
- Bechdel Test in 2017: Why movies still fail the test? - March 25, 2018
- Hey Millenial, do you feel the Multitasking Stress? 5 proven ways to bust it! - March 21, 2018
- Ugadi Pachidi: Story of the cocktail called life! - March 15, 2018