Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
Vizag, the port city of Andhra Pradesh, boasts of having a sea beach and hills and spectacular caves, all at once. If you have not been to Vizag, here are 5 attractions in Vizag that make it worth your while!
This absolutely stunning natural cave is a must visit for young people. I mention the youth specifically because the excursion can be physically exhausting and is not recommended for the kids, and the elderly. The million-year-old cave is beautifully maintained and a relatively easy fit. I did not face any problems despite my claustrophobia.
The train ride from Vizag to Araku is amazing. The valley is picturesque and the tunnels are exciting. While at Araku, do try the local delicacy, Bamboo Chicken, found in every roadside stall. It is a preparation of marinated chicken cooked inside a bamboo stem on a charcoal grill – a divine experience for non-vegetarians.
This is a first of its kind experience in the whole of South Asia. You get to enter a decommissioned submarine, where the officials give you a guided tour. Just ensure it’s not a Monday, the museum remains closed on all Mondays.
Yarada beach and Dolphin’s nose
You need to plan well if you want to visit these slightly offbeat places. They are not covered by the radio cab services or local autos. You need to rent a car for a few hours, if you are keen on visiting this serene beach and the lighthouse.
Ease of travel
Yes, there are many other tourist attractions in Vizag. Rushikonda beach is a stunning place to chill out. Thotlakonda is a nice tourist attraction for Buddhism enthusiasts. Kailashgiri ropeway is a well maintained scenic activity that you can undertake. But, despite all these, it is the ease of travel that fascinated me most about Vizag. It is a small town with brilliant traffic condition, radio cabs reach you within minutes, the roads are well maintained and the transport is quite cheap. Hotels are also easily available and have a wide price range, to cater to different classes.
So what are you waiting for? Book your tickets and fly off to Vizag for the next long weekend!
Want to add something more? Comment or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bhangarh beyond its Ghosts - October 28, 2018
- Quiz:Identify the cityscapes - September 23, 2018
- Things to remember while traveling to Japan - August 18, 2018
- Dreaming of Croatia Travel - July 15, 2018
- World Cup 2018: A tournament of ‘own goals’ - July 7, 2018
- 7 Offbeat Monsoon Destinations of India that will take your Breath Away - June 17, 2018
- Women achievers: Did you know? - March 7, 2018
- The Layman’s Finance Diary: Mutual Fund for Beginners - February 25, 2018
- A Trek for the Soul: From Kasol to Kalga village - January 30, 2018
- It’s Makar Sankranti and Sweets are in the air! - January 12, 2018