Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/content/n3pewpnaspod01_data05/05/3537205/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
India is a land of surprises, opportunities, and lots of people. In fact, one-seventh of the world’s population call India their home! While there are pros and cons to our volume, the strength in our numbers is hard to ignore. Following are five ways in which Indians are silently dominating the world!
- Retirement ready – as per a recent Accenture survey, Indians are great savers. Since we do not have a robust social security system, we are taught to spend wisely and save for our old age. You will rarely find an Indian who is earning a decent salary and yet not having at least 3 months savings tucked away for the rainy days. It is not so common for people in the developed countries, especially US, to save as much as we do.
- Ranks 3rd in global startup ecosystem – India is just behind US and UK in the startup race. As per a recent NASSCOM report, there are more than 1200 new companies starting up in a year. Three to four startups are being born every day in India, a total worth of five billion dollars being invested in it.
- Third-largest world economy in terms of PPP – India has displaced Japan to become the third largest economy in terms of Purchasing Power Parity. This means that Indians have more spending power than most of the developed nations, barring US and China, who are ahead of us.
- World’s youngest workforce – India has the largest youth population amongst the big economies. It means having an energetic, innovative workforce that is ready to take risks and likely to spend more, a great hope for the future of Indian economy.
- Excellent calculation skills – you will find common people in India have excellent calculation skills. The street vendors, bus conductors, auto drivers and the customers are all quite good at calculating daily transactions without ever needing a calculator. While a few corrupt vendors might shortchange you intentionally, you will rarely find a flaw in their calculations.
What else should the world know about Indians? Comment or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bhangarh beyond its Ghosts - October 28, 2018
- Quiz:Identify the cityscapes - September 23, 2018
- Things to remember while traveling to Japan - August 18, 2018
- Dreaming of Croatia Travel - July 15, 2018
- World Cup 2018: A tournament of ‘own goals’ - July 7, 2018
- 7 Offbeat Monsoon Destinations of India that will take your Breath Away - June 17, 2018
- Women achievers: Did you know? - March 7, 2018
- The Layman’s Finance Diary: Mutual Fund for Beginners - February 25, 2018
- A Trek for the Soul: From Kasol to Kalga village - January 30, 2018
- It’s Makar Sankranti and Sweets are in the air! - January 12, 2018